Fondazione Politecnico di Milano was founded in 2003 through a joint effort between the Politecnico di Milano Technical University, major city and regional institutions and important corporations to support the University’s research projects and contribute to innovating and developing the economic, productive and administrative environment. Fondazione Politecnico is committed to building a more effective relationship between the University, the various industries and public administrations.
To achieve these goals, Fondazione Politecnico develops:
- Innovation projects, not only for large companies, but for numerous small to medium sized enterprises that characterise the Italian economy;
- European projects that, by leveraging on Politecnico’s renowned capabilities, extend the network of both University and industrial collaborations outside Italian borders.
Well aware of the importance of contributing to economic and social growth, Fondazione Politecnico develops social responsibility projects in collaboration with the Politecnico di Milano, involving teachers and students in the drive for civil and communal change. In a global context, Fondazione Politecnico has been active in co-operation projects with both countries in need and nations experiencing exponential growth.
The role in the Project
Fondazione Politecnico di Milano will take active part in the Project exploiting its long-lasting skills and experience on eHealth and ICT-driven innovation in processes and organizations. Most notably, Fondazione Politecnico has been running an expert team, leader in Italy on digital innovation and eHealth and devoted to:
- The investigation of innovative healthcare management and ICT innovation trends in healthcare
- The support to government institutions in policy making on ICT adoption by care providers
- The advice to health- and socio-care organizations in the evolution towards ICT management best practices
- The design and implementation of process innovation action within providers
As Project Coordinator, FPM provides administrative and financial coordination, monitoring activity workflow and managing relationships with external subjects. FPM also provides specific ICT innovation management competences, leading organizational and technological model design, as well as supporting Partners within their Work Packages.